We’re looking for new Youth Stop AIDS Leaders & Community Organisers to lead our network at the local level by establishing and coordinating new university societies or local groups in the UK.
So if you’re passionate about global health, fighting injustice and want to be a leader in our movement to end AIDS – then keep reading!
What do we expect of Leaders?
- To volunteer at least 2 hours per week to Youth Stop AIDS (on average, of course you could spend more time!)
- Take action locally! We’ll support you to recruit new members, take direct action, spread the word, lobby and fundraise!
- Get involved in national events and activities, from online action to hosting the Speaker Tour or Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend.
What support will you get?
- Training, including the Leaders Training and the Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend
- A Youth Stop AIDS Leaders Pack with materials and ideas to make an impact with your group
- Campaign materials and resources such as social media graphics, press releases, and briefings
- Campaign updates and information via the Youth Stop AIDS Network Social Media sites and group calls/messages
- Ongoing one-to-one support (phone calls, WhatsApp, emails, etc) from the National Coordinator and Youth Stop AIDS Steering Committee
What else do you get from being a Leader?
- Contribute to positive local and global change!
- Learn about HIV & AIDS and International Development as well as campaign strategy and tactics
- Build your skills in event management, network coordination, influencing and lobbying, writing and social media, and public speaking
- Being part of an exciting movement of campaigners across the UK
Get more of a flavour of what you can do with Youth Stop AIDS by checking out this recent video of Day of Action 2019 and reading about the Youth Stop AIDS Speaker Tour in the Leeds Gryphon Newspaper.
Ready to take action?! FILL OUT THIS FORM AND WE’LL BE IN TOUCH!