We’re looking for new Youth Stop AIDS Leaders & Community Organisers to lead our network at the local level by establishing and coordinating new university societies or local groups in the UK.
So if you’re passionate about global health, challenging injustice and want to be a leader in our movement to end AIDS by 2030 as part of Sustainable Development Goal 3 – then keep reading! Most of our campaigners are aged 18-32 but if you’re not part of this age range and would still like to get involved then let us know!
What do we expect of Leaders?
- To volunteer at least 2 hours per week to Youth Stop AIDS (on average, of course you could spend more time!)
- Take action locally. We’ll support you to recruit new members, take direct campaign action, raise awareness, lobby decision makers, run events and fundraise.
- Get involved in national events and activities, from online action to hosting the Speaker Tour or Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend.
What support will you get?
- Training, including the Leaders Training, Day of Action and the Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend
- A Youth Stop AIDS Campaigner Assistance Pack with materials and ideas to make an impact with your group
- Campaign materials and resources such as social media graphics, press releases, and briefings
- Campaign updates and information via the Youth Stop AIDS Network Social Media sites, WhatsApp group, emails and group calls/messages
- Ongoing one-to-one and group support from the National Coordinator and Youth Stop AIDS Steering Committee
What else do you get from being a Leader?
- Contribute to positive local and global change
- Learn about HIV and AIDS and International Development as well as campaign strategy and tactics
- Build your skills in event management, network coordination, influencing and lobbying, writing and social media, and public speaking
- Be part of an exciting movement of campaigners across the UK
Ready to take action?! FILL OUT THIS FORM AND WE’LL BE IN TOUCH!