We’re looking for new Youth Stop AIDS Leaders & Community Organisers to lead our network at the local level by establishing and coordinating new university societies or local groups in the UK.
So if you’re passionate about global health, fighting injustice and want to be a leader in our movement to end AIDS – then keep reading!
What do you expect of Leaders?
- To volunteer at least 2 hours per week to Youth Stop AIDS (on average, of course you could spend more time!)
- Take action locally! We’ll support you to recruit new members, take direct action, spread the word, lobby and fundraise!
- Get involved in national events and activities, from online action to hosting our Speaker Tour (our most loved event!) in early 2019.
What support will I get?
- Training, including the Leaders Training and the Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend
- A Youth Stop AIDS Leaders Pack packed with materials to make an impact with your group
- Campaign materials and resources such as social media graphics, press releases, and workshop plans
- Campaign updates and information via the Youth Stop AIDS Network Facebook Group and group calls
- Ongoing one-to-one support (phone calls, WhatsApp, emails, etc) from the National Coordinator and regional organisers
What else do I get from being a Leader?
- Contribute to positive local and global change!
- Learn about HIV & AIDS, International Development as well as campaign strategy and tactics
- Build your skills in event management, network coordination, influencing and lobbying, writing and social media, and public speaking
- Being part of an exciting movement of campaigners across the UK
Get more of a flavour of what you can do with Youth Stop AIDS by reading what Huck Magazine had to say about us, checking out this piece on our Speaker Tour and watch our latest event live from Facebook’s London HQ!
Ready to take action?! Fill out this form. and we’ll be in touch!