We’re looking for 10 Youth Stop AIDS Leaders to lead our network at the local level by establishing and coordinating new university societies or local community groups in the UK from Sept 2016 – Sept 2017.
So if you’re passionate about youth-led development, HIV & AIDS and believe in our values, then keep reading!
What do you expect of Leaders?
- To volunteer at least 2 hours per week to Youth Stop AIDS (on average, of course you could spend more time!)
- Attend the Leaders Training from 16-18th September in Manchester.
- Take action locally! We’ll support you to recruit new members, take direct action, spread the word, lobby and fundraise!
- Get involved in national events and activities, from online action to hosting our Speaker Tour (our most loved event!) in early 2017.
What support will I get?
- Training, including the Leaders Training (16th-18th Sept, Manchester) and National Gathering (4-6th Nov, Glasgow) events.
- A Youth Stop AIDS Leaders Pack of campaign materials including an exclusive Youth Stop AIDS t-shirt (s), pens and more
- Campaign materials and resources such as social media graphics, press releases, and workshop plans
- Campaign updates and information via the Youth Stop AIDS Network Facebook Group and group calls
- Ongoing one-to-one support (phone calls, WhatsApp, emails, etc) from the Coordinator
What else do I get from being a Leader?
- Contribute to positive local and global change!
- Learn about HIV & AIDS, International Development as well as campaign strategy and tactics
- Build your skills in event management, network coordination, influencing and lobbying, writing and social media, and public speaking
- Being part of an exciting network of campaigners across the UK
Get more of a flavour of what you can do with Youth Stop AIDS by reading what Huck Magazine had to say about us, checking out this blog about our Speaker Tour and having a giggle at one of our favourite stunts from the year.
Feeling inspired?! Fill out this form. You can complete it at any time, however we recommend registering by Sunday 21st August 2016 as we have limited spaces at our Restless Leaders Assembly in September 2016.